Saturday, August 15, 2009

Freedom Monologues

[While we were all busy celebrating her 63rd freedom birth day, I asked India the country not to be shy and tell me her wish list. I must say it was an ironic timing, for she had nothing to wish for but freedom, still. She seemed disinterested but equally optimistic. Nevertheless, here are the excerpts from what she had to say during my awkward but free-flowing interview. The addressees are, well make a guess, we the people. Happy I-Day!]

You turn me left, you turn me right
You lose the wheel, you start a fight
I want my freedom
From your irresponsible governance

You care less, you act lesser
Expect me to win and be a racer?
I want my freedom
From your lethargic attitude

You learn a bit, you earn a byte
You end the story, you say goodnight
I want my freedom
From your cocooned education

You write me up, you write me off
You are my face, afraid of face-off?
I want my freedom
From your opportunistic journalism

You want me young, you want me strong
If I'm part of your dream, I won't be long
I want my freedom
The one dreamed by my heroes

No comments: